Letters Accidental mushroom poisoning

Deliberate ingestion of “magic” mushrooms may also cause renal failure

BMJ 2012; 345 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.e6388 (Published 24 September 2012) Cite this as: BMJ 2012;345:e6388
  1. Christopher J Deutsch, foundation year 2 doctor1,
  2. Daniel Swallow, specialist registrar in urology1
  1. 1West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds IP33 2QZ, UK
  1. chrisjdeutsch{at}gmail.com

Evans’s experience highlights the importance of correct identification of mushrooms to be used in cooking.1 In this case, the underlying cause of the progressive renal failure was quickly identified by thorough history taking. …

View Full Text

Sign in

Log in through your institution

Free trial

Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial

Subscribe