Consultants do sexy auditBMJ 2010; 340 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c2642 (Published 18 May 2010) Cite this as: BMJ 2010;340:c2642
- Chris M Turner, clinical lead emergency medicine1,
- Terri M Bentley, consultant in emergency medicine1,
- James A Crampton, consultant in emergency medicine1,
- Shewli Rahman, consultant in emergency medicine1
- 1Emergency Department, Stafford Hospital, Stafford ST16 3SA
Most staff in hospitals find saving lives “sexy,”1 and audit can be a major driver.
As junior doctors in various hospitals we performed audit on numerous occasions. It was dull, predictable, rarely resulted in significant change in practice, and was generally regarded as a morning off for us. As consultants in …