Anna Stephenie Wilson (née Kilner)BMJ 2010; 340 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c2275 (Published 26 April 2010) Cite this as: BMJ 2010;340:c2275
- Max Wilson,
- Frances Coyne,
- Peter Burrows
Anna qualified in London in 1971 and passed her MRCGP in 1979. During 1976-8 she was company doctor in Kitwe, Zambia, and in 1980-1 she was student health physician at Universiti Malaya in Kuala Lumpur. After working in south east London and Wolverhampton, she moved to Winchester and worked as a community child health physician. In 1991 she re-entered general practice at the Gratton Surgery in Sutton Scotney, a rural dispensing practice which provided medical services to the military, and she rapidly became a much-loved general practitioner.
She joined the board of the Wessex Faculty of the Royal College of General Practitioners in 1992 and became its chairman …