Getting them while they’re youngBMJ 2008; 337 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.a792 (Published 15 July 2008) Cite this as: BMJ 2008;337:a792
- Carl J Reynolds, foundation programme year 1 doctor1,
- Tom Yates, medical student 2,
- Robert Hughes, foundation programme year 1 doctor3
- 1Basildon Hospital, Basildon SS16 5NL
- 2Royal Free and University College Medical School, London WC1E 6BT
- 3Whipps Cross University Hospital, London E11 1NR
Having read Moynihan’s piece about key opinion leaders,1 we would like to describe another “communication platform” that the drug industry uses to influence the prescribing habits of doctors.
Although it is not strictly a condition of employment, many deaneries promote doctors.net.uk and request that medical students and foundation programme doctors open email accounts with …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial