Let’s put worry about computer security into perspectiveBMJ 2008; 336 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.a479 (Published 26 June 2008) Cite this as: BMJ 2008;336:1452
- J E F Fitzgerald, specialist trainee, general surgery,
- A Nikkar-Esfahani, medical student,
- A A B Jamjoom, medical student,
- K K Shah, medical student,
- A G Acheson, consultant colorectal surgeon
- 1Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham NG7 2UH
Greenhalgh et al found that patients were particularly concerned about computer security and inappropriate access for the proposed centrally stored medical record,1 a tenth citing such concerns as justification to reject or at least remain undecided on the benefit of a Healthspace account.
Electronically stored patient information remains topical in relation to security2 …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial