Poisoning from toy beadsBMJ 2008; 336 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39458.455532.3A (Published 17 January 2008) Cite this as: BMJ 2008;336:110
- Jane L M Runnacles, paediatric SpR1,
- John Stroobant, consultant paediatrician1
- 1University Hospital Lewisham, London SE13 6LH
We report a case of γ-hydroxybutyrate poisoning in a child from ingestion of toy beads.
A 7 year old girl presented to our emergency department with an acute life threatening hypoxic event after swallowing Bindeez toy beads given to her as a Christmas present. Paramedics found her with a reduced level of consciousness, and she had a respiratory arrest …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial