But where does it take us?BMJ 2008; 336 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39435.531296.3A (Published 03 January 2008) Cite this as: BMJ 2008;336:9
- David S Sanders, consultant gastroenterologist1,
- Andrew D Hopper, SpR gastroenterology1,
- John S Leeds, gastroenterology research fellow1,
- Marios Hadjivassiliou, consultant neurologist1
- 1Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF
With reference to the study reported by Korponay-Szabó et al,1 we do not know the natural history of screen detected patients with coeliac disease.2 Although the investigation process for population screening and case finding maybe the same, there is an important ethical difference between them, largely to do with who identifies the patient as ill.
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial