Hospital episode statistics v central cardiac audit databaseBMJ 2007; 335 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39374.474965.BE (Published 25 October 2007) Cite this as: BMJ 2007;335:839
- Paul Aylin, clinical reader in epidemiology and public health1,
- Alex Bottle, lecturer in medical statistics1,
- Paul Elliott, professor of epidemiology and public health2,
- Brian Jarman, emeritus professor3
- 1Dr Foster Unit at Imperial College, Department of Primary Care and Social Medicine, London SW7 2AZ
- 2Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London W2 1PG
- 3Dr Foster Unit at Imperial College
We published the follow-up of the Bristol Royal Infirmary analysis to which Westaby et al refer1 2 and have some comments on their paper.
The online version suggests that the clinical teams did not verify the data. We wrote to the clinical team at Oxford over a year before our paper was published. After some months and a reminder letter sent to them, we received a response from the medical director of the trust …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial