Delirium should be included in guidelines and curriculumsBMJ 2007; 334 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39205.543843.BE (Published 10 May 2007) Cite this as: BMJ 2007;334:968
- Alasdair M J MacLullich, MRC clinician scientist fellow1,
- John M Starr, reader in geriatric medicine2,
- A Peter Passmore, reader in geriatric medicine3
- 1Queen's Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ
- 2Royal Victoria Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2DN
- 3Queen's University of Belfast, Belfast BT9 7BL
One critical factor in the underdiagnosis and undertreatment of delirium in the United Kingdom is likely to be its unsatisfactory coverage in core guidelines and curriculums.
Delirium is not mentioned in the draft guideline on acutely ill patients in hospital from the …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial