Alliance of regulators addresses professional mobilityBMJ 2007; 334 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39115.410127.1F (Published 08 February 2007) Cite this as: BMJ 2007;334:274
- Graeme Catto, president, General Medical Council ([email protected]),
- Hew Mathewson, president, General Dental Council,
- Rosie Varley, chairman, General Optical Council,
- Nigel Clarke, chairman General Osteopathic Council,
- Peter Dixon, chairman, General Chiropractic Council,
- Anna Van Der Gaag, president, Health Professions Council,
- Sandra Arthur, president, Nursing and Midwifery Council,
- Hemant Patel, president, Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- 1Alliance of UK Health Regulators on Europe
Two articles reflect recent media interest in health tourism in the context of the European Commission consultation on health services in Europe.1 2 What neither article addresses is the equally important issue of professional mobility that provides the other focus of the commission's consultation.
In 2005, over 7000 healthcare professionals from the European Economic …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial