Taking folate in pregnancy and risk of maternal breast cancerBMJ 2005; 330 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.330.7491.600-b (Published 10 March 2005) Cite this as: BMJ 2005;330:600
- Deborah Charles, research assistant,
- Doris Campbell, reader in obstetrics and gynaecology,
- Marion H Hall, emeritus professor,
- Andy R Ness, senior lecturer in epidemiology ([email protected]),
- George Davey Smith, professor of clinical epidemiology
- Dugald Baird Centre For Research on Women's Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen AB25 2ZL
- Unit of Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, Division of Child Health, Bristol BS8 1TQ
- Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol B58 2PR
EDITOR—We believe that we have behaved ethically. We emphasised the preliminary nature of our findings and submitted our paper as a research pointer. We worked with the press offices of our universities, the BMJ, and the Department of Health to promote responsible media coverage. The journalist working for the tabloid referred to by Stirrat did not speak to us.
Although we agree that media …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial