Recent developments in Bell's palsy: Trial for Bell's palsy is in progress in ScotlandBMJ 2004; 329 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.329.7474.1103-c (Published 04 November 2004) Cite this as: BMJ 2004;329:1103
- Frank Sullivan, principal investigator (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Fergus Daly, trial coordinator,
- Iain Swan, senior lecturer in otolaryngology
- Community Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow
EDITOR—Holland and Weiner's clinical review (albeit a traditional non-systematic, opinion based one) on the important topic of Bell's palsy is welcome,1 but we are concerned that their conclusions about treatment are simply not supported by current evidence.
The most recent Cochrane reviews show that no treatment has yet been shown to be more effective than placebo.2 3 The recent studies cited have not yet been included in the systematic reviews but since they are non-randomised, statements that combination therapy …