Retraction of paper on maternal diabetesBMJ 2003; 327 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7420.929 (Published 16 October 2003) Cite this as: BMJ 2003;327:929
- Gillian Hawthorne, consultant physician,
- Lorentz M Irgens, professor ([email protected]),
- Rolv T Lie, professor of medical statistics,
- Narve Moe, professor,
- Jak Jervell, professor
- Northern Diabetic Pregnancy Survey, Regional Maternity Survey Office, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4AA
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
- Medical Birth Registry of Norway, Haukeland Hospital, N-5021 Bergen, Norway
- Medical Department, University Hospital of Oslo, Oslo
EDITOR–In a paper in the BMJ three of us (GH, LMI, and RTL) claimed that the excess of birth defects and perinatal deaths among births in women with pregestational diabetes was significantly lower in Norway compared with the northeast of England.1 The analysis of the data from the Medical Birth Registry of Norway was, however, wrong and led to a wrong conclusion.
There are codes in the registry for different …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial