Language evolutionBMJ 2002; 325 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.325.7374.1245/b (Published 23 November 2002) Cite this as: BMJ 2002;325:1245
Patients were sectioned before ever they were consented
- Naresh D Gandhi, consultant psychiatrist (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Zeyn W Green-Thompson, locum senior house officer.
- Local Secure Services, Park Royal Centre for Mental Health, London NW10 7NS
- Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds LS8 2JX
- Royds Park, Denby Dale, West Yorkshire HD8 8RN
EDITOR—We write in response to the article by Aronson1 to point out that the apparently contemporary form of passive transformation “she was consented” is pre-dated by the widely prevalent description of the detention of a patient under any section of the Mental Health …