Public views of UK Population Biomedical Collection are being taken into accountBMJ 2002; 324 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.324.7332.298 (Published 02 February 2002) Cite this as: BMJ 2002;324:298
- T Michael Dexter, director (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- George Radda, chief executive,
- John Pattison, director, research, analysis and information
- Wellcome Trust, London NW1 2BE
- Medical Research Council, London W1B 1AL
- Department of Health, London SW1A 2NS
EDITOR—We think it important to respond to Kaye's letter concerning the proposed UK Population Biomedical Collection, a project sponsored by the Wellcome Trust, the Medical Research Council, and the Department of Health.1 Kaye suggests that the collection will be a test run for the establishment of a national population collection, but this may mislead readers.
The proposed collection will include DNA samples from roughly half a million adult …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial