Liver cirrhosis is risk factor for pyogenic liver abscessesBMJ 2001; 323 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.323.7303.52/b (Published 07 July 2001) Cite this as: BMJ 2001;323:52
- Ingolf Mølle ([email protected]), registrar,
- Ane Marie Thulstrup, senior registrar,
- Peter Jepsen, medical student,
- Henrik Toft Sørensen, professor,
- Hendrik Vilstrup, professor
- Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital and Aalborg Hospital, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
- Department of Medicine V, Aarhus University Hospital
EDITOR—In their article on liver abscesses Krige and Beckingham emphasised the role of impaired immunity in the pathogenesis of pyogenic liver abscess.1 They also reported that the prognosis for patients with liver abscesses depends on concomitant or previous severe illnesses.
They did not, however, mention the association between liver abscesses …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial