Children poisoned with illegal drugs in GlasgowBMJ 1999; 318 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.318.7191.1137 (Published 24 April 1999) Cite this as: BMJ 1999;318:1137
- Jack Beattie, Consultant paediatrician — emergency medicine.
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow G3 8SJ
EDITOR—Harkin et al reported the death of a young child in Dublin caused by methadone stored in a baby's bottle.1 They rightly encourage the routine supply of measuring devices with methadone prescriptions, although perhaps a more appropriate arrangement in families with young children might be ongoing supervised administration …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial