All troops sent to Gulf should be randomised to receive anthrax vaccination or placeboBMJ 1998; 316 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.316.7140.1322 (Published 25 April 1998) Cite this as: BMJ 1998;316:1322
- Andrew R Ness, Senior lecturer in epidemiology,
- Ian Harvey, Senior lecturer in epidemiology,
- David Gunnell, Senior lecturer in epidemiology,
- George Davey Smith, Professor in clinical epidemiology
- University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2PR
EDITOR—The British ministry of defence announced recently that a new group of British troops are to be offered anthrax vaccination in preparation for service in the Gulf.1 The secretary of state for defence was vaccinated on camera as part of an effort to convince service personnel and the public that this vaccination is safe.
It would have been far more impressive if …