Letters

Patient may have injected methadone while in hospital

BMJ 1996; 313 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.313.7070.1480 (Published 07 December 1996) Cite this as: BMJ 1996;313:1480
  1. Aidan J Byrne
  1. Specialist registrar in anaesthesia 31 Merlin Drive, Ely CB6 3EE

    EDITOR,—The case of fatal methadone overdose reported by T J Hendra and colleagues relied for its diagnosis on the ability of hot chocolate to release a large load of methadone from the patient's gut, where it had been stored for some …

    View Full Text

    Sign in

    Log in through your institution

    Free trial

    Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
    Sign up for a free trial

    Subscribe