Collecting personal data - ScholarOne
By registering your personal data on this site, you consent to the following use by BMJ:
- Collection and storage on the system for the time periods given below, unless a request for it to be removed has been received from you (whichever is the sooner) and where there are no conflicting legitimate business interests.
- Your data will be used during the peer review process as follows:
- authors’ personal data will be used to enable them to be contacted by the editorial office and to provide the necessary details in order to enable the editor to make a decision on their manuscript;
- reviewers’ personal data will be used to enable the editorial team to assign appropriate manuscripts to them for review and for contact purposes, and
- editors’ personal data will be used to assign the appropriate manuscripts to them for handling and for contact purposes.
- Once a decision has been made on a manuscript, the authors’ personal details (including the competing interests statement, license to publish and patient consent forms) will be held on the system indefinitely.
- All manuscript files are held in the system for up to 90 days after an editor decision before being archived via SFTP transfer to BMJ’s internal servers.
- Should your manuscript be accepted for publication, your personal data and manuscript files will be transferred to our typesetting and online hosting suppliers to enable your article to be published. Your personal data will also be transferred to our production tracking system, to enable the BMJ and typesetting teams to manage the production process.
- Upon publication of your article BMJ will send full text and article metadata (including author personal data such as name, institution, competing interests etc) to 3rd party indexing databases and article hosting repositories. This includes databases such as PubMed, PubMed Central, CrossRef, Ovid, Web of Science, Scopus, British Library etc. For a full list of 3rd party indexing and article hosting activities for a specific journal title please see the 'About' section on the journal homepage.