- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Gastroenterology updates: Access the latest gastroenterology resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
- BMJ SERIES
- 10-Minute Consultation
- Assessment of older adults
- Care of older people
- Change page
- Clinical evidence
- Clinical governance in primary care
- Clinical guidelines (the theory)
- Competent novice
- Complexity science
- Conflict and health
- Coping with loss
- Diagnosis in general practice
- Drug points
- Easily missed
- Economics notes
- Ethical debates
- Evidence base of clinical diagnosis
- Evidence based case report
- Evidence based management of hypertension
- Evidence based paediatrics
- Extracts from BestTreatments
- For and against (controversies in management)
- Getting research findings into practice
- Guideline summaries
- Health needs assessment
- How does it work?
- Improving the quality of health care
- Interactive case reports
- Lesson of the week
- Making a difference
- Managing demand
- Measuring quality of life
- Methods in health services research
- Mid Staffordshire Inquiry
- Modernising the NHS
- Narrative based medicine
- NHS at 60
- Non-communicable diseases
- Patient journeys
- Practice pointer
- Pregnancy plus
- Primary care groups
- Qualitative research in health care
- Quality improvement report
- Rational imaging
- Rational testing
- Regulating nursing homes
- Research pointers
- Safety alerts
- Science, medicine, and the future
- Shared decision making
- Spotlight on climate change
- Statistics notes
- Systematic reviews in health care
- Teaching rounds
- The World Bank and world health
- Theories in health care and research
- Uncertainties page
- Understanding controlled trials
- What the educators are saying
- What's new this month in BMJ Journals
- When I use a word
All Pharmacology articles from the BMJ
Practice: Opioids for chronic non-cancer pain
Published 29 May 2013
Practice: Newer non-oral hormonal contraception
Published 14 February 2013
Published 9 January 2013
Published 25 October 2012
Practice: Emergency oxygen use
Published 18 October 2012
Published 1 October 2012
Practice: Newer insulins in type 2 diabetes
Published 11 September 2012
Published 31 May 2012
Published 22 May 2012
Published 15 May 2012