- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
How to subscribe
Currently BMJ offer subscriptions on a personal user, single institution and consortia institutional basis. You can subscribe to both print and online, or online only.
To take out a personal subscription today, click here.
Download the 2013 personal subscription prices as a PDF
For institutional access and 2013 pricing please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Subscription Options
bmj.com - online only subscription
BMJ online (bmj.com) is much more than just the weekly BMJ. Updated continuously with the latest news, research, comment and education resources, bmj.com is one of the top medical journal websites in the world, with over a million visitors a month. As well as providing free access to all original research, the site includes an archive back to 1840, a search functionality to help you easily find articles, email alerts function to have relevant content delivered to your inbox and the ability to quickly respond to articles you have read.
Individual subscribers to the print edition of BMJ receive free access to bmj.com.
Subscribe to bmj.com for £103 / € 140 / US$201 + VAT per year. (The rate of VAT is different in each country and some countries do not add VAT.)
Order a personal online only subscription.
Order a personal online only subscription without a credit card.
BMJ International - Print and Online subscription
BMJ International is read by non-UK primary and secondary care doctors as well as international members of the BMA. BMJ International does not carry the BMJ Careers supplement.
Subscribe to BMJ International for £250 / € 338 / US$488 + VAT per year. (The rate of VAT is different in each country and some countries do not add VAT.)
Order a personal subscription to BMJ International.
BMJ General Practice- Print and Online subscription
BMJ General Practice has the highest impact factor in Primary Care. It is read by doctors involved in all areas of primary healthcare and features advertising relevant to the UK and Eire market.
Subscribe to BMJ General Practice for £589/ €796 / US$1,516 + VAT per year.
Order a personal subscription to BMJ General Practice.
BMJ Clinical Research - Print and Online subscription
BMJ Clinical Research is read by all grades of hospital doctors responsible for prescribing medicine and influencing decisions. Readers rate BMJ Clinical Research the best weekly medical journals for clinical content, original research and education, training and development.
UK & Eire: subscribe to BMJ Clinical Research for £589 / €796 + VAT per year. Rest of world: subscribe to BMJ Clinical Research for £777/ €1,049 / US$1,516 + VAT per year. (The rate of VAT is different in each country and some countries do not add VAT.)
Order a personal subscription BMJ Clinical Research.
Subscribe online, using the links above or alternatively contact the BMJ Customer Services department.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7383 6270
If you are a new customer to the BMJ Group, you will be asked to register your details before completing the transaction. Within a two weeks of placing your order you will be sent the current issue of the publication, the print journal will be delivered to the address that you provide when you register.
Once your credit card details have been accepted you will be prompted to activate your online access to bmj.com by clicking the Activate Your Account button.
Your subscription is annual and will end 365 days after it starts but you will receive a renewal notification before it ends. If you would like your subscription period to begin from a previous issue of the journal please contact our Customer Services team on +44 (0)20 7383 6270.
Selling specifically to the institutional academic, government, corporate, hospital and national license market, the sales team provide pre and post sales assistance, ensuring the customer is supported throughout the whole sales process.
The Institutional Sales team also deals with specialised custom pricing for consortia and multiple product purchases.
Institutional and corporate librarians will find a number of useful tools, reports and additional information under Institutional Support Services.