- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
BMJ email alerts
To help keep you up to date, the BMJ provides a wide range of emails that are designed to inform you of the latest developments in the medical world.
Read through the email alert options below to find out which would best suit your needs.
BMJ - What's new online
An essential weekly summary of the need to know medical news, latest research, video, blogs, and editorial content.
BMJ - What's new online (US)
Features content from the BMJ that is relevant to US physicians
BMJ Editor's choice
Fiona Godlee brings you a selection of the latest research, medical news, comment and education each week.
BMJ Tables of contents (daily)
A daily e-mail with links to the latest BMJ articles
BMJ Tables of contents (weekly)
A weekly e-mail with links to the latest BMJ articles
BMJ press releases
Receive details of the BMJ's latest press releases straight to your inbox
BMJ topic alerts
Choose from 299 selected topics (clinical and non-clinical)