- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
BMJ and Student BMJ ISSNs
1756-1833 BMJ (online) updated daily at bmj.com. Contains full versions of all BMJ articles (research, news, education, comment).
The complete, authentic, and citable version of the BMJ is bmj.com and only this version contains the full and complete journal content. Other editions, such as BMJ CR and BMJ GP, contain only an incomplete selection of the content.
There are 3 printed editions of the BMJ. The editorial content of all these editions is identical; the main difference is the advertisements
0959-8138 BMJ Clinical Research edition includes a BMJ Careers section specifically aimed at hospital doctors
0959-8154 BMJ General Practice edition includes BMJ Careers section aimed at GPs
1759-2151 BMJ is aimed at overseas subscribers and retired members of the BMA
Student BMJStudent BMJ is published monthly (except August) in print and available online at student.bmj.com
0966-6494 Student BMJ (print)
1752-069X Student BMJ (online)