- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
BMJ access options
All visitors to bmj.com:
Get access to:
*Original research: from 1840 to current issue, all original research articles are free on bmj.com (non-research articles in the archive require a subscription)
* Extracts of 150 words, where available, for articles
* Current editor’s choice
* All interactive features (e.g. rapid responses, blogs, polls, and podcasts)
Don't get access to:
X Archived content – all non-research articles from 1840 to current issue require a subscription
In addition get access to:
* All archive content from the current issue back to 1840