- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
Receiving email alerts
You can receive a range of email alerts for bmj.com, and can subscribe or unsubscribe at any time, by registering for our alerting services. Some of our alerts are also available as RSS feeds, more information on how to sign up for these can be found on our RSS page.
Alerts based on journal issues and newly published articles
|These are sent out weekly, on publication of each new issue of the journal. They include:
bmj.com - editor's choice
This weekly alert highlights some of the best online content over the past seven days, including the latest news, comment, research, education, podcasts, and blogs. It is sent to more than 100 000 qualified primary and secondary care doctors. If you are a doctor who would like to receive this hand picked selection to help keep you up to date with some of the latest developments in medicine, sign up at http://journals.bmj.com/cgi/register/
Alerts based on a particular article
|These are sent out whenever:
To receive these alerts go to each relevant article and select the appropriate option from the box at the top left of the article that begin 'Alert me when...'
Alerts based on a particular word or words
These are sent out whenever:
Alerts based on search terms
To create for these alerts select the option in the box at the top of the search results page that reads: 'Alert me when new articles matching this search are published'. You will then be asked to Sign in to modify these alerts or register now to receive these alerts.