- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
Free linking to Highwire journals
The BMJ journals collection is hosted by HighWire Press alongside 1000 other journals. All these journals can be accessed through the HighWire Portal. The site has been designed to help researchers search the literature and gain access to it easily – both in journals they regularly read and articles in journals they might otherwise miss – and to help librarians support their researchers and institutions with more complete and improved services.
You can use the portal to receive content alerts from multiple publishers and search across as many journals as you like. You can personalise the portal to display links to your favourite journals and manage all your subscriptions at once. Registration is free.
HighWire offers free access to cited articles from any of the journals they host - including 73 of the 200 most frequently cited journals. To use this feature, click on the ‘Free Full Text’ link in the reference list of an article.