- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
- The BMJ Today: Read our daily selectionof new articles, blogs, responses, audio, and video to appear online
- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- The BMJ and JAMA have collaborated on an important video resource about the history of evidence based medicine
We publish a special two-week issue of the BMJ over Christmas and New Year. We are pleased to consider all kinds of articles, including reports of original research, for this issue and particularly welcome colour illustrations.
All submissions should follow the standard requirements for BMJ articles. The final deadline for submission is usually in mid September, although articles can be submitted earlier in the year and saved up for consideration nearer Christmas. Our first editorial committee for the Christmas issue is in late August, and for consideration then we'd need the piece by July.
Submissions are peer reviewed in the normal way but those we want to consider in more detail are usually held over for appraisal at one or more Christmas hanging committees in the autumn.