- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
Tore Kvien - Norway
Tore K Kvien is Professor of Rheumatology at the University of Oslo and Head of the Department of Rheumatology at Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Oslo. His current major research activities include epidemiological and health service research, with a focus on frequently occurring diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Special focus is also directed to complications to rheumatic diseases, e.g. osteoporosis and cardiovascular morbidity. He has initiated a collaborative project in Norway on very early arthritis and he is the leader of the Norwegian NOR-DMARD registry, an observational study of prescriptions of DMARDs and biological agents in Norway. He has about 200 original research papers in peer review journals and is a member of several editorial boards of international rheumatology journals. He has authored or co-authored more than 350 research papers in peer reviewed journals and has been a member of the editorial board of several international rheumatology journals. Tore K Kvien was President of EULAR 2005-2007.
Have you in the past five years accepted the following from an organisation that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of papers in the BMJ?
Reimbursement for attending a symposium?
A fee for speaking?
Speaker honoraria: Abbott, AstraZeneka, MSD/Schering-Plough, Nicox, Pfizer/Wyeth, Roche, UCB, Schering-Plough, UCB, Wyeth
A fee for organising education?
Funds for research?
Research grants received to Diakonhjemmet Hospital from: Abbott, BMS, MSD/Schering-Plough, Pfizer/Wyeth, Roche, UCB
Funds for a member of staff?
Fees for consulting?
Consultancy fees: Abbott, BMS, MSD/Schering-Plough, Nicox, Pfizer/Wyeth, Roche, UCB, Schering-Plough, UCB, Wyeth
Have you in the past five years been employed by any organisation that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of papers in the BMJ?
Do you hold any stocks or shares in an organisation?No
Do you have any other competing financial interests?
I have no competing interests.